“I am running for NFLPA Executive Director because the players who put their health and well-being on the line, while driving the NFL’s explosive revenue growth and cultural popularity, are not receiving their fair share of the profits. Under my leadership, the NFLPA will work with the owners and television partners to continue growing the league. On my watch, we will never lose sight of the NFLPA’s primary mission to be a powerful advocate for both active and retired players, as well as their families. My top priority will be to fight every day for the young men who continue to put people in the seats, promote the league’s brand, and bring millions of eyeballs to television sets every week during the NFL season.”
Why Andrew Smith Should Be The Next Executive Director of the NFLPA
- Andrew M. Smith, Esquire is the founder and owner of Smithbridge, LLP a law firm specializing in handling legal matters for professional athletes and high net worth individuals.
- Smith has been practicing law for nearly 19 years and he has represented more than fifty (58) NFL, MLB and other professional athletes and coaches throughout the country.
- Smith obtained an $8.6 million dollar verdict against SunTrust Bank on behalf of 5 professional athletes including 3 NFL players, an NBA champion and a 3-time Gold medal athlete. He is currently representing four MLB players, two ex-NFL players and a current 2-time Pro-bowl player in additional lawsuits.
- Over the past seven (7) years players from one NFL team have consistently reached out to Andrew Smith to handle legal matters as well as interact with press, media, and NFL personnel.
- Over the past four (4) NFL football seasons, Smith has been asked to lecture NFL rookies and undrafted free agents on legal issues and conflicts involving agents, financial advisors and money managers.
- Smith has been awarded the designation of “Superlawyer” in labor and employment law. An honor given to only the top 5% of attorneys in a State as voted upon by lawyers, judges and committees.
- As an avid fundraiser, Smith sits on the Board of Directors for non-profit 501(c)(3) corporations started by NFL players.
- Smith has made case law in significant national employment and labor cases.
To learn more about Andrew Smith, ESQ click here.